Nokia Networks LTE mobile broadband portfolio enhanced with selected partner products to offer a full end-to-end public safety product and service portfolio
Solution based on 3GPP-standardized public safety features
Nokia Networks quality standards ensure reliable and secure public safety solution
Robust LTE public safety networks important element of smart cities of the future
Nokia Networks’ end-to-end LTE-based solution underlines its commitment to public safety communications, enabling a rich variety of multimedia tools and applications for first responders and other public safety personnel. LTE technology offers high bandwidth and high reliability for disaster-level operational capabilities and information management with low latency for the fastest connectivity. Public safety operators will benefit from a lower cost of implementation and spectral efficiency in their networks. In addition, Nokia Networks provides rapid end-to-end integration of the full solution.
LTE mobile broadband enables a whole new level of efficiency for public safety*, offering: real-time communications; high-quality video streaming to provide remote team members a direct view to emergency situations; robotics; remote data access and diagnostics; and services based on location data. Standardized technologies and a single platform approach are also central to the development of smart cities, for which public safety is one of the first and most important criteria. Making use of millions of sensors and Internet of Things (IoT), objects will further enhance the safety of first responders and citizens. An additional advantage is a wide choice of LTE devices that are cost-effective compared to dedicated public mobile radio systems such as TETRA and P25.
The end-to-end Nokia Networks Public Safety Portfolio in brief:
- Available today: a fully-featured public safety LTE voice and data communications network that is 3GPP** compliant, including Quality of Service, high availability, mobility, security and resilient IP connectivity.
- The public safety LTE network is built on Nokia Networks’ radio access network, evolved packet core, VoLTE solution, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Core in a Box solution, subscriber data and device management, network management, Self-Organizing Networks, and Nokia Liquid Applications technology.
- Nokia Networks LTE Network in a Box*** offers standard authorized IP connectivity and can provide complete LTE network coverage for users in minutes.
- End-to-end security offering for public safety networks, protecting devices and networks.
- Nokia Global Services provide deep expertise for designing, implementing, optimizing, operating and maintaining networks that fulfill the specific requirements of public safety authorities reliably and efficiently.
- Nokia’s end-to-end solution consists of a comprehensive partner portfolio including devices, applications, and interworking functions for legacy systems such as TETRA and P25.
“Tomorrow’s smart cities will be built on standardized technologies with economies of scale, such as LTE for public safety. Already today, LTE mobile broadband connectivity with innovative real-time applications helps public safety authorities offer a completely new level of service to citizens. We at Nokia Networks understand that public safety networks must conform to the most stringent requirements for connectivity and application security. Building on our strong heritage of working with governmental agencies, we are now offering the most comprehensive LTE public safety portfolio to our customers jointly with our selected partners.”
Nokia Networks has been working with various government agencies to understand their requirements for a reliable public safety system. As a result, in the US, one of the most advanced countries in the public safety domain, the company has participated in a number of early public safety deployments and pilots. In addition, it has signed contracts with government public safety agencies in the Middle East to provide its end-to-end public safety solution. More recently, with Nokia Networks in a Box, Vodafone New Zealand showcased the integration of push-to-talk group communications capabilities in one of the world’s first deployments of a miniaturised 4G network in an emergency-type scenario.