112 Emergency Awards, special rescue prize for Finland
The 112 Awards Ceremony has revealed its winners. Awardees from the Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Poland, Romania, Slovenia and Spain walked off with top honours rewarding their commitment to promote and improve the European emergency number 112.
Held in conjunction with the EENA Conference 2014, the 112 Awards Ceremony concluded the quest for outstanding initiatives in the field of emergency services and rescue. Applications from all over Europe were submitted in the categories of the competition and a panel of independent experts assessed them before the EENA members gave their final vote. The winners of the 112 Awards 2014 were announced:
• The outstanding call taker is from Poland
• The outstanding citizens are 5 children and a journalist from Poland
• The outstanding 112 education initiative came from Greece
• The outstanding emergency call centres are in Moravia, the Czech Republic and in Catalonia, Spain
• The outstanding reform of the national 112 system award went to Romania
• The outstanding rescue was carried out in Finland
• The outstanding emergency services innovation was implemented in Slovenia
“Congratulations to all the winners and nominees for their outstanding efforts to promote and improve the European emergency number 112. During the 112 Awards Ceremony, which can be considered the “Oscars for the emergency services”, the 112 Awardees demonstrated to us that we can build a safer society together and set the bar for emergency services worldwide”, commented Demetrios Pyrros, Chair of the EENA Advisory Board.
The 112 Awards Ceremony, which is run in conjunction with the conference, recognises and rewards some of the emergency services and citizens for their outstanding achievements in improving and promoting the European emergency number 112.